Sunday 10 August 2014

I carried one of the 3.5 x 5.5 inch pads I made and a Pilot v ball pen in my shirt pocket on a hike to "la Chute". This became a habit while out and about, I would sketch in "the field" and add watercolour later at camp.
I liked the results of the top of the falls,but it gave a better idea of the scene to include the forground at my feet.
Having the person in the picture adds interest and perspective, I think.
I would have liked to spend some quiet time here as it was quite "magical".




The hiking trail crossed the meandering tree shaded stream, and slowly crept up the hill to cross the water above the falls.
We took the rising pathway slowly, enjoying the surrounding forest, and as the others photographed the picturesque scene I drew an image of the falls disappearing over the edge to where we once stood.
There is something mystical about forests and streams and falling water.

No comments:

Post a Comment